Spring Greens with Roasted Beets, Toasted Pecans & Feta
This salad makes a light lunch or a perfect starter course for your next dinner party. The deeply flavored roasted beets pair well with the Country Sweet Sauce and the acidic balsamic vinegar/lemon juice combination. The salty feta cheese and toasted pecans add a rich note to this tasty salad.
Country Sweet Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/8 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 C Country Sweet Sauce (mild)
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 C light olive oil
- Place balsamic vinegar, Country Sweet Sauce and lemon juice into a glass or ceramic bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into this mixture while whisking constantly until it is all incorporated into the vinaigrette.
- 4 beets
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 4 C mixed spring greens
- 4 green onions, sliced paper thin
- ½ C pecans, toasted
- ½ C feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon zest to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut tops off beets, scrub well and pat dry.
- Coat beets with olive oil and sprinkle the rosemary evenly over the oil-coated beets.
- Cover the bottom of a small cookie sheet with tin foil and place beets on the foil. Cover with a second piece of foil and crimp the foil edges together to form a packet.
- Roast beets in the oven for 1 hour or until they are done.
- Let cool, remove the skin from the beets and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl and sprinkle the beets with the balsamic vinegar.
- Dress the spring greens with the vinaigrette to taste and place an even amount of the dressed greens on four separate salad plates.
- Divide the beets, toasted pecans, green onions and crumbled feta cheese amongst the four salads.
- Grate a bit of lemon zest over each salad and serve.