- 1 5-6 pound roasting chicken
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 -3 large cloves garlic, whole, peeled
- 1/4 of a large onion
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup Country Sweet Sauce, Mild
- 1 carrot, cut in chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut in chunks
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the giblets and rinsed the chicken inside and out. Pat dry then salt and pepper inside. Stuff the cavity with lemon half, garlic, onion, thyme, rosemary.
- Tie the legs together tightly and tuck wing tips under the body. Pour about 2 tablespoons Country Sweet Sauce into the cavity. Rub about 2 tablespoons of olive oil all over the chicken. Salt and pepper outside to taste.
- Place carrot and celery in roasting pan; drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set chicken on vegetables. Roast the chicken 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear. Baste with Country Sweet Sauce every 10 minutes during the final 30 minutes of roasting.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil. Allow to rest 30 minutes before slicing.