This glazed salmon can be plated with a side salad for a light lunch or served at an elegant dinner party. You can prepare this dish and pop it in the oven in a matter of minutes so it won’t keep you slaving in the kitchen when you have company. Country Sweet Sauce, hot or mild, creates a perfect glaze that compliments the rich taste of Atlantic salmon perfectly. The whiskey just kicks everything up another notch!
- 1 large Atlantic salmon fillet, cut into 4 equal portions
- sprinkle of salt
- grinding of pepper
- juice from ½ lemon
- ½ C Country Sweet Sauce (hot or mild)
- ¼ C whiskey
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a small saucepan combine the Country Sweet Sauce and whiskey. Bring to a boil on high heat and then turn down and let simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens up (about 4 or 5 minutes). Set aside until later.
- Make sure to remove any bones along the centre of the salmon fillet. I use small needle nose pliers for this job. Cut the filet into four equal portions.
- Place the salmon portions on a cookie sheet that has been lined with foil, skin side down.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the salmon, being careful to remove any seeds that may escape
- Baste the fish with ¼ C of the Country Sweet Sauce/whiskey mixture reserving the rest for later.
- Place the salmon in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and baste with the last ¼ C of the Country Sweet Sauce/whiskey mixture.
- Move the oven rack up to the top quarter of the oven and turn on the broiler before returning the salmon to the oven.
- Watch the fish closely as it broils for the last few minutes, removing it when the sauce becomes a golden brown and the salmon is glazed perfectly.