NOTE: Plan ahead to rub the ribs down the night before. This gives the ribs a fantastic flavor base for the sticky spicy glaze finish. The meat will fall off the bone.
- 2 slabs (about two pounds each) of baby back ribs
- 4 Tablespoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 bottle medium dark beer for the braise
- 1/2 cup Country Sweet Sauce – hot flavor
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Mix the rub ingredients in a mixing bowl until blended. Rub on both side of ribs; cover and allow to marinade overnight.
- Pour the beer in a roasting pan. Place the ribs bone-side down in a roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil and cook 1 1/2 hours in a 325-degree oven. Baste 2 or 3 times.
- Light the grill prior to ribs finishing in oven. Mix together the glaze. When ribs are done, remove from oven and place on a baking sheet. Brush the ribs with the glaze. Finish ribs on the grill, about 7 minutes each side until glaze darkens in spots.